Transcripts-Frequently Asked Questions
How can I order my official transcript?
Official Transcripts must be ordered online.
If you have access to your My Missouri State account, log in and access the request from the Student tab, My Academic Record channel, Official Transcript Request link. This is the preferred method of ordering a transcript as the system can match your account with the transcript request for fast, easy processing.
If you do not have access to your My Missouri State account, you will order your transcript directly through Parchment. You will need your contact information (including email address), Social Security number, date of birth, and approximate years of attendance.
How can my transcript be delivered?
- eTranscript, a secure, digitally signed PDF sent to the recipient
- Paper Copy, sent by U.S. Mail or express UPS service (UPS cannot deliver to P.O. boxes. Requests must be recieved by 12:00pm for same-day processing for express shipping. Express shipping fee is $20.00.)
- Paper Copy, picked up in office during business hours, by you or a designated person. (Photo ID required.)
How much does a transcript cost?
All Official Transcripts cost $10.00 per copy.
Requests must be received by 12:00pm for same-day processing for overnight shipping. Overnight shipping fee is $20.00.
How long does it take to process a transcript request?
- eTranscripts will be processed within 24 hours. Processing times may be longer during peak periods and near U.S. holidays.
- Paper transcript process time is 1-2 business days from the receipt of your request, plus USPS delivery time. Processing times may be longer during peak periods and near U.S. holidays.
What do I need to do if the recipient never received my transcript?
Why was my transcript not issued after I submitted my request?
How can I order an unofficial transcript?
You can order your unofficial transcript through My Missouri State. After logging in, go to the Student tab, My Academic Record channel, Unofficial Transcript Request link.
If you do not have access to your My Missouri State account, please contact the HelpDesk at 417-836-5891 or firstname.lastname@example.org to setup your account.
For further questions, please contact our office at 417-836-5520.
How can I include my Educator ID for DESE on my transcript?
Attach a document (Microsoft Word, Adobe PDF) that lists your name and educator ID and we will include it with your transcript.
What is an Electronic Transcript (eTranscript)?
Is an eTranscript different from traditional printed transcripts?
Is the eTranscript official?
What are the advantages of the electronic delivery of my transcript?
How do I know if the university or organization will accept an eTranscript?
How long is the eTranscript available to the recipient?
Do I need any special software or configuration on my computer?
Are there any students who may not request this service?
I provided the wrong e-mail address for the recipient. Can I correct this mistake?
Why have I received email messages from MSU with an electronic transcript?
The Missouri State University student identified on the transcript has authorized Missouri State University's registrar's office to send you their official transcript electronically.
How do I retrieve the electronic transcript?
You will receive two e-mail messages from Missouri State University: