Campus Recreation offers the opportunity to get away from your stress without ever leaving campus. Convenient and affordable, massage therapy is available for both members and non-members of the Foster Recreation Center. Schedule an appointment today with one of our Massage Therapists.
Pricing (Purchase online or with FRC's Welcome Desk Staff)
Massage therapy sessions are offered at the following rates:
|Class Name||Member Rate||Non-member Rate|
Chair Massages: $1/minute, 10 minute minimum
Benefits of Massage
Massage is not just for relaxation, there are therapeutic advantages as well. It is for injury prevention and rehabilitation after injury, relieving headaches and muscle tension, prevention of migraines, improving circulation, promoting better sleep patterns and reducing insomnia, toning muscles, reducing allergy symptoms and sinus pressure, beating the weight loss plateau, improving range of motion, helps lower blood pressure, reduce anxiety, stress and depression, reducing swelling, strengthens the immune system, improved flexibility, reduces joint pain.
**All massage sessions are conducted by Missouri licensed and registered & experienced Massage Therapists
Types of Massage Therapy Offered
Massage therapists at the Foster Recreation Center offer the following types of massages:
- Swedish Relaxation - By rubbing the muscles with long gliding strokes in the direction of blood returning to the heart, Swedish massage looks to increase the level of oxygen in the blood, decrease muscle toxins, and improve circulation.
- Sports Massage - Excellent pre- or post-event treatment that warms muscles, pumps out lactic acid and increases range of motion; helps recovery by 50 percent post-event and can increase efficient power by three to five percent.
- Acupressure Massage - Promote relaxation and wellness with applied, focused pressure on the body's acupoints, which lie along meridians or channels of the body.
- Deep Tissue Massage - Realign layers of muscle with deeper, concentrated pressure and massage movement in areas of pain and tension to further relax tense areas.
- Trigger Point Therapy - Isolated pressure and release on specific points of tightness or pain, causing 'knots' to alleviate after just one session.
- Fascial Unwinding - Release trauma or restrictions stored within soft tissue through a more comprehensive, gentle massage.
- Precision Neuromuscular - Using highly skilled touch to investigate sources of pain, postural distortion, and the state of muscle tone and contraction.