William H. Darr College of Agriculture
- Pest management in agronomic crops
- Cover crops
- Soil health
- Environmental impacts of agriculture
Top Scholarly Accomplishments
- F.B. Norwood, P. Oltenacu, M. Calvo, S. Lancaster. 2014. Agricultural Controversies: What Everyone Needs to Know. Oxford University Press
- Lancaster, S.H., E. Hollister, S.A. Senseman, T.L. Gentry. 2009. Effects of repeated applications of glyphosate on soil microbial community composition and the mineralization of glyphosate. Pest Manag. Sci. 66:59-64.
- Lancaster, S.H., R.L. Haney, S.A. Senseman, C.M. Kenerley, and F.M. Hons. 2008. Microbial degradation of fluometuron is influenced by Roundup WeatherMAX® J. Agric. Food Chem. 56:8588-8593.
- Lancaster, S., S. Senseman, and K. Carson. 2007. Accelerated solvent extraction of fluometuron from selected soils. J. AOAC International 90:1142-1145.
- Lancaster, S.H., R.L. Haney, S.A. Senseman, F.M. Hons, and J.M. Chandler. 2006. Soil microbial activity is affected by Roundup WeatherMax® and pesticides applied to cotton. J. Agric. Food Chem. 54:7221-7226.
- Lancaster, S.H., D.L. Jordan, A.C. York, I.C. Burke, F.T. Corbin, Y.S. Sheldon, J.W. Wilcut, and D.W. Monks. 2005. Influence of selected fungicides on efficacy of clethodim and sethoxydim. Weed Technol. 19:397-403.
- Lancaster, S.H., D.L. Jordan, A.C. York, J.W. Wilcut, R.L. Brandenburg, and D.W. Monks. 2005. Interactions of late-season morningglory management practices in peanut. Weed Technol. 19:803-808.
- Lancaster, S.H., D.L. Jordan, J.F. Spears, A.C. York, J.W. Wilcut, R.L. Brandenburg, D.W. Monks, and R.B. Batts. 2005. Sicklepod control and seed production after 2,4-DB applied alone and with fungicides or insecticides. Weed Technol. 19:451-455.25.
- Lancaster, S.H., D.L. Jordan, A.C. York, J.W. Wilcut, D.W. Monks, and R.L. Brandenburg. 2005. Interactions of clethodim and sethoxydim with selected agrichemicals applied to peanut. Weed Technol. 19:456-461. Hans, S.R. and W.G. Johnson. 2002. Influence of shattercane interference on corn yield and nitrogen accumulation. Weed Technol. 16:787-791.
- Instructor, South Florida State College
- Extension Scientist, University of Florida
- Assistant Professor, Oklahoma State University
Future Goals and Aspirations
At MSU — provide enhanced opportunities for students interested in row-crop agronomy and preserve the strong soil science program.
Life Outside the University
Phillip and I have been married for 12 years. I am a mom to two precious boys, Levi (3) and Caleb (18 months). We enjoy spending time together and often make time to visit my family's farm just west of St. Louis.