Geography, Geology and Planning
I am a field geologist interested in understanding the evolution of mountain belts along active margins. I study how the Earth's crust responds to tectonic events through time and explore the impact that may have on the distribution of our natural resources.
Top Scholarly Accomplishments
- Fildani, A., McKay, M.P. , Stockli, D.F., Clark, J.D., Weislogel, A.L., Dykstra, M., Hessler, A.M., (2016) The ancestral Mississippi drainage archived in the late Wisconsin Mississippi deep-sea fan, Geology, vol. 44 (6), p. 479-482.
- McKay, M.P., Coble, M., Hessler, A.M.,Weislogel, A.L., Fildani, A. (2016), Petrogenesis and provenance of distal, airfall tuffs in the Permian-Triassic Karoo Basin, South Africa: a window into a dissected, magmatic province, Geosphere, v. 12 (1).
- McKay, M.P., Weislogel, A.L., Fildani, A., Brunt, R., Hodgson, D., Flint, S. (2015), U-PB zircon tuff geochronology from the Karoo Basin, South Africa: implications of zircon recycling on stratigraphic age controls, International Geology Review, vol 57 (4), pp. 393-410.
- Geological Survey of Alabama, field geologist: 2014–2016
- Professional research experience at Statoil (in residence at the University of Texas-Austin) and Chevron Energy Technology Co.
- Research and teaching assistantships at West Virginia University and the University of Alabama
Life Outside the University
I enjoy training for marathons and spending time outside.