- Jewish-Christian interaction in medieval France
- Medieval rites of passage
- Gender and sexuality in medieval Europe
- Religious conversion and Inter-religious encounters in world history
Top Scholarly Accomplishments
- “Jews ‘Feigning Devotion’: Christian Representations of Converted Jews in French Chronicles before and after the Expulsion of 1306,” in Jews and Christians in 13th-Century France: Culture, Society and Mutual Perceptions, ed. Elisheva Baumgarten and Judah D. Galinsky (New York: Palgrave Macmillan, 2015), 169–82.
- Preparing notices in English and French on the legal status of Jews in medieval France for the RELMIN database of medieval texts: www.cn-telma.fr/relmin (2014–2015).
- Presenting research at the Center for the Study of Conversion and Inter-Religious Encounters (Ben-Gurion University, Be’er Sheva, Israel), the Maison des Sciences de l’Homme Ange-Guépin (Nantes, France), the Shazar Center for Jewish History (Jerusalem, Israel), and the International Congress on Medieval Studies (Kalamazoo, MI). Bourse Chateaubriand for Dissertation Research in France, The French Ministry of Foreign Affairs (2010–2011).
- Visiting Assistant Professor, Department of History, Grand Valley State University (2014–2016).
- Visiting Postdoctoral Researcher, RELMIN: The Legal Status of Religious Minorities in the Euro-Mediterranean World (5th–15th Centuries), Maison des Sciences de l’Homme Ange Guépin, Université de Nantes (France) (2014).
Southeast Texas and the San Francisco Bay Area
- Starting (and occasionally completing!) DIY projects
- Reading historical fiction
- Planning my next trip to France