- Sports Biomechanics
- Exercise Science/Kinesiology
Top Scholarly Accomplishments
Journal of Athletic Training (JAT) Kenneth L. Knight Award for Outstanding Manuscript (2014). This award is given annually to the most prestigious and scholarly article: Jacobson, B; Cendoma, M; Gdovin, J; Cooney, K; Bruening, D. The effectiveness of utilizing the pack-and-fill protocol in order to maintain the cervical neutral position on a football player with a potential catastrophic cervical neck injury. Journal of Athletic Training. 49(1):42-48, 2014.
- The University of Mississippi, Oxford, MS: Graduate Assistant in the Department of Health, Exercise Science, and Recreation Management. Primary instructor for undergraduate lecture, laboratory, and exercise leisure courses.
- Shriners Hospitals for Children, Erie, PA: Movement Analysis Laboratory Graduate Assistant/ Coordinator. Primary responsibility consisted of collecting and reducing data to create quantitative graphs for physical therapists and physicians to analyze.
- Watching and playing all sports
Future Goals and Aspirations
- Develop my skills as a professor to have a positive impact on my students and introduce them to new ideas in the field of exercise science/kinesiology.
- Determine how athletic footwear (cleats) plays a role in athletic performance and injury.
Life Outside the University
My life outside the University consists of spending time with my family and exercising.