Childhood Education and Family Studies
- My research agenda focuses on three main areas of interest within the overarching field of mathematics teaching and learning. My three areas are 1) developing effective elementary teacher preparation programs in mathematics education; 2) supporting inservice teachers of mathematics through coaching models and professional development; and 3) analyzing the instructional practice of teacher in respect to tasks, differentiation, and issues of equity
Top Scholarly Accomplishments
- Livers, S. D. & Lin, L. (In Press). "Elementary Teacher Candidates' Perceptions on the Teaching and Learning of English Learners. Advocacy in Academia and the Role of Teacher Preparation Programs." IGI Global.
- Livers. S. D. & Karp, K. S. (In Press). "The Power of Context: Promoting Equity and Access in Mathematics Learning Using Children's Lterature." In E. E. Monroe, & T. Young (Eds.) Deepening Children's Mathematical Understanding with Children's Literature. Reston: VA. NCTM.
- Livers, S. D., & Elmore, P. (2017, In Press). "Attending to Precision: Vocabulary Support in Middle School Mathematics Classrooms." Reading and Writing Quarterly.
- Livers, S. D., Harbour, K. E. & McDaniel, S. (2017). "Interaction of Professional Development Support on Co-teaching High Quality Mathematics Tasks." To be in the Proceedings of North American Chapter of the International Group of the Psychology of Mathematics Education. Indianapolis, Indiana: PME-NA.
- Gleason, J., Livers, S., & Zelkowski, J. (2017). "Mathematics Classroom Observation Protocol for Practices (MCOP2): A Validation Study." Investigations in Mathematics Learning, 9(3), 1-19.
- University of Notre Dame—Visiting Assistant Professor Elementary Mathematics Education (Summer 2017)
- University of Alabama—Assistant Professor Elementary Mathematics Education (2012–2017)
- University of Louisville—Clinical Instructor (Full time 2009–2012; Part-time 2005–2009)
- Watching movies and tv.
- Going to concerts, musicals, and plays.
- I love to travel—especially to a beach.
Future Goals and Aspirations
I hope to impact and inform the field of mathematics education through meaningful work with both teacher candidates and practicing teachers.
Life Outside the University
I am married to my high school sweetheart, Jamie Livers. We have two daughters, Raegan and Jordan. We love to travel and visit with family and friends.