Childhood Education and Family Studies
- Elementary teacher experiences and practices
- Culturally responsive teaching
Top Scholarly Accomplishments
- Bolyard, C. (2016). "Paradox and Possibility: Interacting with Slavin’s (1983) Cooperative Learning."
- Book chapter in T. Poetter, K. Waldrop, C. Bolyard, V. Bell-Robinson (Eds.), "Curriculum Windows: What Curriculum Theorists of the 1980s Can Teach Us About Schools and Society Today." Charlotte, NC: Information Age Publishing, Inc. http://www.infoagepub.com/products/Curriculum-Windows-1980.
- Bolyard, C. (2015). "Test-Based Teacher Evaluations: Accountability vs. Responsibility. 2015 Philosophical Studies in Education" (46), pp. 73-82. http://files.eric.ed.gov/fulltext/EJ1076457.pdf.
- 2016-2017: Adjunct Instructor, Evangel University, Springfield, Missouri: Undergraduate courses taught (seated): Methods of Teaching Elementary Math; Educational Psychology; Student Teaching Seminar; Techniques and Strategies in Classroom Management
- 2015-2016: Dissertation Scholar, Miami University, Oxford, Ohio: Recipient of full-time EDL scholarship recognizing excellence in dissertation research
- 2014-2015: Instructor, Miami University, Oxford, Ohio: Undergraduate course taught (seated): Teacher Leadership, Middle Childhood and Special Education Section
- 2009-2013: Third Grade Teacher, Jeffries Elementary, Springfield Public Schools (SPS), Missouri
- SCUBA diving
- Playing with my golden retriever
Future Goals and Aspirations
I hope to contribute to the field of education through service and research. I look forward to making MSU home and hopefully earning tenure!
Life Outside the University
My husband and I are expecting our first child in October, and we can't wait to take her on adventures to national parks and beyond!