Visiting Assistant Professor
- Educator collaboration
- Supporting English learners through best practices
- Family engagement and community collaboration
- Administrator's role in school improvement
- Teacher and administrator professional development
Top Scholarly Accomplishments
- Baecher, L., & Bell, A. (2011). "A “Continuum” Model of Collaboration in ESL." Academic Exchange Quarterly, 15(1), 56-61. Baecher, L. & Bell, A. (2017).
- "Opportunity to teach: Push-in and Pull-out Models of English Language Learner Instruction." Journal of Education and Culture Studies 1(1). Bell, A. (2011).
- "Collaboration Between Mainstream and ELL Teachers." Presented at the Colorado Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages Annual Conference, Denver, CO Bell, A., & Baecher, L. (2011, March).
- "Elementary Push-in and Pull-out Instruction: From Coping to Collaborating." Presented at the Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) International Conference Bell, A., & Baecher, L. (September 2012, Special Edition Journal).
- "Points on a Continuum: ESL Teachers Reporting on Collaboration Across Program Models." TESOL Journal 3(3), 488-515. Bell, A., Dewing, S., & Grant, L. (2011, November).
Plus other numerous academic accomplishments.
- Assistant Professor, University of Colorado Colorado Springs, CO
- Adjunct Special Faculty, Creighton University, Omaha, Nebraska
- ESL/Spanish Teacher, SHAPE Middle School, DODEA, Mons, Belgium
- Part-Time Instructor, University of North Dakota, ND
- ESOL Consultant, Glynn County Schools, Brunswick, GA
Plus other work previous experiences.
- Enjoying time with my family
- Playing with our two Golden Retrievers - Bella and Beau
Future Goals and Aspirations
- Today and in the future, I would like to continue working with school district administrators, teachers, and staff to improve the education and support of English learners and their families.
- I also would like to become more involved in the research of and support for students with dyslexia.
- When my husband and I retire, we would love to own an inn on a lake that caters to university faculty and visitors.
- Whenever we have time, we would like to continue visiting our bucket list of places to see across the world. Living in Belgium a few years ago, we had the opportunity to visit at least 22 countries. We hope to go back for more adventures and to visit all of our friends around the world.
Life Outside the University
Life outside the university is hectic with raising a 13-year-old, an 11-year-old, and hosting a 16-year-old exchange student from Spain; they attend three different schools! The dogs also keep us on our toes. When we are not working or running children to and from school to activities, we like to travel and visit friends and family.