Modern and Classical Languages
- French & Francophone languages and cultures
- Applied Linguistics and SLA
- French Phonetics
- Contact linguistics—lexical borrowing
- Sociolinguistics (languages and dialects, language attitudes, language policy and planning)
Top Scholarly Accomplishments
- Anane, J.M, Barimah, B., & Barffour, A, (2017). "Nana Kwame Ampadu: Fabuliste Ghanéen dans les Annales de Jean de La Fontaine." ELA. (Accepted in June 2016).
- Barffour, A. (2016). "A Study of English Loanwords in French Written Texts and Advertisements and the Attitudes and Perceptions of the Francophone Readership." ProQuest, the University of Alabama.
- Barffour, A. (2008). "Lapsus Phonetique et Phonologie." Institut de Phonétique, l’université de Strasbourg, France.
- Barffour, A. (2007). "Le Ghana, Terre d’accueil." Terre D’Afrique, 11–12.
- Barffour, A.(2007). "Les Moments Mémorables." Wrota Afryki, p.8–9.
Plus other numerous accomplishments.
- French Lecturer and Beginner level French Coordinator—Washington University in St Louis (2016–2017).
- French-English-Twi Translator-Interpreter: Transimpex, Kansas City (2017– ).
- Graduate Teaching Assistant—The University of Alabama (2012–2016) •Associate Instructor- Indiana University Bloomington French and Italian Department (2010–2012).
- Study Abroad Program Coordinator and French Instructor-Indiana University Bloomington Honors program in France (2010–2012).
Watreso (Ashanti-Region, Ghana)
- Watching movies
- Singing hymns
- Listening to news, religious and political debates
Future Goals and Aspirations
- Help develop MLC program to offer higher degree programs.
- Promote study abroad program in France and Ghana.
- Help promote French language learning among college and high school students in the State of Missouri.
Life Outside the University
My husband, my kids and I love to spend time together – to play guitar, sing, meet with friends, and attend outdoor activities.