The most Missouri students
More than 26,000 students are enrolled at Missouri State. We now have more students from Missouri than any other university in the state!
These students come from all over Missouri and outside the state:
- More than 4,500 students from Greene County
- More than 4,900 students from the St. Louis area
- More than 2,200 students from the Kansas City area
- Students from every county in Missouri
- More than 4,200 students from outside Missouri (including 82 foreign countries)
The most in-demand academic programs
MSU focuses on high quality academic programs in fields with significant employment demand.
- Missouri State's College of Business is the largest in Missouri with more than 5,550 students.
- The McQueary College of Health and Human Services has more than 4,600 students.
- MSU produces more teachers each year than any other university in Missouri. One in eight K-12 teachers in Missouri have a credential from Missouri State.
The least amount of funding per student
Since 2001, Missouri State's enrollment has increased by more than 6,000 students (over 30%). However, the state has not adjusted appropriations to account for changes in enrollment. As a result, Missouri State now receives significantly less state funding per student than any other university in the state.
- To bring Missouri State up to the next lowest university would require a $9.5 million appropriation increase.
- Missouri State would need a $39.8 million appropriation increase to reach the state funding average.