June 24-28, 2018
The Missouri State University Choral Institute is an exciting choral camp experience for the high school musician. Dr. Cameron LaBarr leads students through an experience that helps them become not only better choral singers but also better overall musicians. Students collaborate with fellow singers from across the region and gain excellent ensemble singing experience, valuable musicianship skills, and make lifelong memories and friends.
The MSU Choral Institute offers three different ensembles that perform a variety of choral music:
- Concert Choir (Mixed)
- Women’s Chorus
- Men’s Chorus
Solo Voice Study
Unique to the Missouri State University Choral Institute, every participant receives one private voice lesson (if desired) with a member of the MSU voice faculty included in tuition. The MSU voice faculty comes with years of experience in both teaching and performing art song, musical theatre, and opera.
In addition to voice training, students participate in daily seminars that help build them into well-rounded musicians. These experiences include:
- Theory, Sight-Singing, and Musicianship
- College Audition Preparation
- Musical Theatre, Opera, and Classical Singing
- Yoga for the Singer
At the MSU Choral Institute, students work hard in rehearsals throughout the day, but there is also plenty of time for having fun outside of rehearsal and seminars. Evenings consist of some recreational activities that give singers a chance to spend time getting to know each other. These activities include:
- Activities and games with staff, counselors and fellow camp attendees
- Campus-wide scavenger hunt
- Talent show
Registration Process & Fees
Includes dining hall meals, housing, music fees, voice lesson, and all recreational activities
- Includes lunch/dinner meals at dining hall, music fees, voice lesson, and all recreational activities
- Students are responsible for transportation to and from camp
Registration is open now and will remain open until June 1, 2018.
- All registrants must fill out the form under "Deposit" and pay the $100 deposit in order to secure a spot at the Choral Institute. The deposit is non-refundable. The remainder ($295 for full resident package, $245 for commuter option) must be paid in full online by June 1, 2018.
- If you would like to pay for the full tuition amount upfront, click "Continue Shopping" after adding the Deposit to your basket, then select either the "Resident -" or "Commuter - Remaining Payment" item to add to your basket. This will allow you to pay the full amount in one payment.
For returning campers, the MSU Choral Institute offers a referral discount. Those who have previously attended the Choral Institute will receive $50 off their tuition for each new student they recommend to camp this year. In order to receive the discount, the person(s) whom you refer must enter your name in the applicable box in the registration form.
The referral discount will be administered at the Choral Institute in the form of a refund check. Students who are referred must be registered by June 1, 2018.
A limited number of need-based scholarships are available. Please contact Morgan DeClue, coordinator, to inquire about these.