Apply to this program through a central application. Review the sections below before you begin.
Admission and Program Requirements
- A bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by agencies recognized by Missouri State University or equivalent education from a foreign university.
- A score of intermediate-high or higher in Spanish on the OPI (or equivalent)
- A GPA of 2.75 on a 4.00 scale for the last 60 hours of undergraduate course work or completion of 9 credit hours of graduate course work with a minimum GPA of 3.00.
- All additional university and Graduate College requirements for admission to a certificate program.
Double counting of coursework
Graduate certificate programs must differ from one another by at least 2 courses or 40% of the total certificate credit hours.
Choose 4 courses (12 hours) from the list below:
|SPN 610||Advanced Translation||3|
|SPN 624||Advanced Topics in Hispanic Linguistics*||3|
|SPN 690||Advanced Spanish Grammar||3|
|SPN 725||Seminar in Hispanic Literature and Culture||3|
|SPN 735||Advanced Spanish Proficiency||3|
* MCL 691 (or equivalent) is a prerequisite for SPN 624