Mission, Vision and Values
Missouri State University is a comprehensive institution offering undergraduate and graduate programs, including the professional doctorate. The university educates students to be global citizen scholars committed to public affairs.
Missouri State University will be the university of choice to develop successful students who excel academically and in ethical leadership, cultural competence and community engagement.
- A student-centered learning environment and excellent teaching that promote and support academic success and personal development.
- The generation, discovery, dissemination and preservation of knowledge developed through research and creative activity.
- Personal and academic integrity in all our endeavors.
- Inclusiveness, fairness, equity and social justice; the recognition that each person possesses not just one, but multiple identities; and the celebration of the similarities, as well as the differences, of our diverse campus.
- Our people and their ability to foster an environment of respect for all individuals within a climate of civility, trust and collaboration.
- Continuous improvement in our programs, policies and procedures.
- Innovation and promotion of the entrepreneurial spirit in all aspects of university life.
- Collaboration, both internally and externally, to promote meaningful partnerships that further the university’s goals.
- Pride in, and celebration of, the achievements of the university and campus community, past and present.
- Responsible and transparent stewardship of the university’s and community’s resources for a sustainable future.