- A bachelor's degree from a college or university accredited by agencies recognized by Missouri State University or equivalent education from a foreign university.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.00 on a 4.00 scale for the last 60 hours of undergraduate course work OR a GPA of 2.75 to 2.99 on a 4.00 scale for the last 60 hours of undergraduate course work and a minimum score of 290 on the GRE or 450 on the GMAT OR Completion of 9 credit hours of graduate course work with a minimum GPA of 3.00. These courses may be taken as a postbaccalaureate or nondegree-seeking graduate student and must be approved by the Program Director.
- An up-to-date résumé and a written statement of goals for, and interest in, the program submitted to the Program Director. This written statement will be reviewed to assess the applicant's motivation and commitment to complete the graduate degree and as evidence of the writing skills necessary to succeed in the program.
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals able to speak to the applicant's academic and/or professional abilities and potential to succeed in the program to the Program Director.
- Admission application (all materials) deadline is 35 days prior to the start of the semester term.
- All additional University and Graduate College requirements for admission to a graduate program.