Dr. Hugh M. Gibson
- EdD, 2005, Applied Educational Studies/Leisure Studies, Oklahoma State University, Okla.
- MS, 1997, Recreation and Parks Administration, Western Kentucky University, Ky.
- BS, 1995, Sociology, Western Kentucky University
- LNT Master Educator Instructor
- American Safety and Health Institute Wilderness First Responder Instructor
- Red Cross Small Craft Instructor
- Red Cross First Aid/CPR Instructor Trainer
- Red Cross Wilderness First Responder Instructor
- American Canoe Association Instructor
- American Red Cross Moving Water and Kayak Instructor
Dr. Gibson has worked in several leadership positions for at-risk populations with the Bowling Green Parks and Recreation Department. He has worked as a camp adventure trip leader in the New England area, and adventure programming with the military MWR in Colorado. He has also had previous teaching experience at Western Kentucky and Oklahoma State Universities.
Research and professional interests
- Outdoor Education
- Adventure Facilitation
- The Role of Recreation in the Family
In addition, Dr. Gibson has presented numerous local, state and national conference presentations and publications on related topics in Outdoor Recreation.