Student Learning Outcomes
Learning outcomes for the health promotion and wellness management program
- Graduates will apply at least one health behavior theory to a real-world health program.
- Graduates will demonstrate the ability to conduct a needs assessment. (Public Affairs-cultural competence, community engagement)
- Graduates will describe the behavioral, environmental, and genetic risk factors for chronic diseases.
- Graduates will successfully identify appropriate programmatic strategies to meet the needs of specific populations. (Public Affairs-ethical leadership)
- Graduates will describe at least three fundamental skills in managing a health-related program.
- Graduates will identify the ethical considerations associated with planning, implementing, and evaluating health programs.