Welcome to Missouri State university!
Graduate assistants, research assistants, and student employees
My Learning Connection
My Learning Connection is the University's web-based learning management system that serves as a centralized library for personal and professional development activities and compliance training. When you log-in to your My Learning Connection, you can search for classes and register online 24/7. Instructional guides and tutorials are available online or call us at 836-4592/5779 for assistance.
Access to My Learning Connection is activated within 2 business days of your official hire date and completion of your employment paperwork. Your BearPass LogIn and Password is needed to access My Learning Connection through the My Missouri State portal. Click here to setup your BearPass Account.
Compliance training (GAs, RAs, and student employees)
Within the first 30 days of employment or provided access to My Learning Connection, all new employees are required to complete the web-based Institutional Equity and Compliance training. Other compliance trainings are available (such as HIPAA and FERPA) and are optional and/or department specific.
Institutional equity and compliance training
If you are:
- working as a GA, RA or Student Worker at MSU for the first time
- a returning GA, RA or Student Worker, but have NOT previously completed the Compliance training. If you have not completed the training previously as part of another MSU position, you will need to call 836-4592/5779 to get your My Missouri State, Professional Development channel reinstated.
Register for and complete the following Compliance - Equity and Diversity programs through My Learning Connection:
- Preventing Discrimination and Harassment
- Preventing Sexual Misconduct (Title IX)
HIPAA and FERPA compliance training
Please ask your Supervisor if you need to complete the optional HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Privacy and Security Training) and/or FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act) online training. Search under the Compliance - Privacy and Security category in My Learning Connection.
- HIPAA Online Training: Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Privacy and Security Training should be completed by employees who are assigned to a department that has been designated as a Health Care Component. Please refer to the Health Information Privacy website for the list of the University's Health Care Components.
- FERPA Online Training: The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) training provides specific guidelines for protecting the information in student education records. Supervisors will make the determination whether this information is needed for the employee to conduct their job responsibilities.
Emergency and safety information
Please visit the University's Safety and Transportation website for additional information and resources.
Missouri State University’s annual security report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus; in certain off-campus buildings owned or controlled by the University; and on public property that is within the campus, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from the campus. The report also includes institutional policies concerning campus security, such as those concerning alcohol and other drug use, crime prevention, the reporting of crimes, sexual assault, and other matters. You can obtain a copy of this report by contacting the Office of the Dean of Students, Plaster Student Union 405, 417-836-5527; Human Resources, Carrington Hall 118, 417-836-6616; or Safety and Transportation, 636 E. Elm, 417-836-8870 or by accessing the following web site: http://www.missouristate.edu/safetran/SafetyFolder/safety/annual-security.html.
Violence Against Women Act - frequently asked questions
The Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) addresses domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, and stalking. Contact the Title IX office for assistance.
Missouri State Alert
Missouri State Alert is the University's mass notification system, which uses a variety of methods to contact students, faculty and staff in the event of an emergency or school closing. Please visit this site to subscribe.
Safety training and videos
Missouri State University Safety website has information and training videos for faculty, staff, and employees that provide guidance on surviving an active shooter situation and information on personal protection.