TITLE Associate Dean, University Libraries
CLASSIFICATION NUMBER 1039
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR Dean of Library Services
MAJOR ADMINISTRATOR Provost
The Associate Dean, University Libraries provides assistance to the Dean of Library Services in the administration of the college which may include, but is not limited to, unit head, faculty, and staff recruitment, retention, and development; unit head, faculty, and staff evaluation; provision, development, and assessment of services, content, and spaces; program review; strategic budgeting and budget control; and indirect leadership and assessment of the librarianship/teaching, research, and service activities of the University Libraries.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Education: A Master of Library Science (MLS) from an American Library Association (ALA)-accredited graduate school of library and information science or equivalent is required.
Experience: At least three years of recent middle or upper management experience in an academic library is required. Demonstrated, sustained achievement in the areas of research, scholarship, and service in the general field of library and information science is required. Demonstrated evidence of fostering inclusion and diversity in the workplace is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Manages day-to-day operations of the MSU Libraries in concert with unit heads.
2. Leads in the deployment and growth of MSU’s institutional repository (BearWorks).
3. Leads the strategic budgeting initiatives of the MSU Libraries in concert with the Dean.
4. Provides strategic leadership of the major changes and developments articulated through the MSU Libraries 2020 Initiative, as well as other major goals, objectives, and initiatives.
3. Participates in the outreach and development efforts of the MSU Libraries.
4. Serves as head of Ozarks Studies Institute and as editor of OzarksWatch, the magazine.
5. Facilitates a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
6. The Associate Dean, University Libraries performs other duties as assigned.
The Associate Dean, University Libraries is supervised by the Dean of Library Services and exercises supervision of the faculty and staff of the University Libraries as prescribed by the Dean of Library Services.
OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES