By the end of year two, students pursuing the OT Pathway must complete the following requirements:
HPS Retention Requirements:
- Achieve a cumulative GPA of at least a 3.5; GPA may not fall below a 3.25 in any semester
- Accumulate a total of 150 hours of clinical observation, health-related volunteer experience, health-related internship experience, or direct patient care experience
- Provide a positive clinical supervisor evaluation
- Maintain membership in at least one student health-related organization (i.e. Pre-OT Club)
- Provide evidence of endorsement of MSU Public Affairs Mission through completion of a minimum of 30 hours of community service (please note - hours completed as part of service learning or for the purposes of scholarship renewal will count)
OT Pathway-Specific Requirements:
- Complete the following OT pre-requisites with a "C" or better:
- LLT 102: Medical Terminology
- PSY 121: Introductory Psychology
- CFD 155: Principles of Lifespan Development
- ENG 110: Writing I
- Of the 500 total clinical experience hours required by the end of the 4th year, a minimum of 50 hours must be in occupational therapy.
- No less than a "C" required in all OT pre-requisite coursework (with the exception of BMS 307 and BMS 308, which must be passed with a "B-" or better).
- Failure to meet the above requirements may result in probation or dismissal from the HPS program.