Dr. Margaret E. Weaver
Missouri State University
901 S. National Ave.
Springfield, MO 65897
- PhD in Humanities (specialization: Composition Theory and Rhetoric, secondary: ESL), 1997, University of Texas at Arlington
- ENG 100 Basic Writing
- 110 Writing I
- 210 Writing II
- 520/629 Composition and Rhetoric for High School and Junior College
- 523/623 Writing Center Theory and Practice
- 525/627 History of Rhetoric
- 526/628 Modern Rhetorical Theory
- 720 Composition Theory
- 721 Theory of Basic Writing
- 722 Literacy Theory and Composition
- 725 Gendered Rhetoric and Pedagogy
Research and professional interests
- Composition theory and pedagogy
- Rhetorical theory
- History of rhetoric
- Feminist theory and rhetoric
Awards and honors
- University Foundation Award in Teaching, 2011-12
- Outstanding Honors Instructor, Fall 2010
- International Writing Centers Association Outstanding Scholarship Award, Best Article in 2004. “Censoring What Tutors’ Clothing ‘Says’: The ‘Right’ Path or Violation of First Amendment Rights?” Writing Center Journal 24.2 (2004): 19-36.
- College Service Award, Southwest Missouri State University, 2003-04.
- College Teaching Award, Southwest Missouri State University, 2002-03.
- International Writing Centers Association Outstanding Scholarship Award Nominee, Best Article in 2001. “Resistance is Anything But Futile: Some More Thoughts on Writing Conference Summaries.” Writing Center Journal 21.2 (2001): 35-56.
- University Teaching Award, Southwest Missouri State University, 2000-01.