Students who entered the Honors College in Fall 2009 or later are required to complete one course that is Public Affairs intensive and that addresses one or more of the pillars of Missouri State’s Public Affairs Mission:
- An upper level course that is approved by the Honors College as to being culturally intensive
- Any Missouri State University approved Study Away program
- An upper level course that is approved by the Honors College as to being ethically or leadership intensive
- An upper level course that is approved by the Honors College as to being community involvement intensive
- Any service-learning component or integrated course designated by the CASL office
Service-Learning courses sponsored by the Office of Citizenship and Service-Learning will satisfy the Honors College’s Public Affairs course requirement. Please notify the Honors College if you enroll in one of these courses so that one of our advisors may update your academic records to reflect that you have met this requirement.