About Green Dot
Green Dot is a bystander intervention program set to permanently reduce power-based personal violence (sexual assault, domestic/dating violence and stalking) on our campus and community. The Green Dot strategy will launch on our campus during the 2016-2017 academic year. This inclusive program's goal is to create two new campus norms; (1) Violence isn't tolerated on our campus and our community, and (2) Everyone is expected to do their part.
Now imagine a map...it could be your neighborhood, hometown, or community.
- Imagine one RED DOT appears on your map, just like in the movies.
- Then, this one RED DOT starts to multiply and start to appear on your map.
- These RED DOTS symbolize actions, choices, behaviors or attitudes that cause harm to another person.
- GREEN DOTS are small moments when someone makes the choice to try and stop a red dot from occuring.
- GREEN DOTS do not have to be a big thing.
- A GREEN DOT can be letting someone know you care and pointing them to resources.
- You can do GREEN DOTS everyday even if you never see a RED DOT.