Due to the uncertainty related to COVID-19 and how it might impact any large gatherings of individuals, we have made the difficult decision to delay our conference until next year.
We appreciate your steadfast support and commitment to first-generation students, and we hope you understand the decision. We will be in touch with you again as we look forward to planning next year’s Celebrating First-Generation Students: From Convocation to Graduation conference. In the meantime, please feel free to reach out to us if we may be of assistance in helping you to support first-generation students.
Celebrating First-Generation Students: From Convocation to Graduation Conference
The Celebrating First-Generation Students: From Convocation to Graduation Conference is an extension of Missouri State University's commitment to helping first-generation students succeed. At Missouri State, we embrace the experiences, skills and values that our first-generation college students bring to campus.
The Celebrating First-Generation Students: From Convocation to Graduation Conference seeks to bring higher education professionals together to share ideas, learn and address the needs of first-generation students by:
- Defining the first-generation student
- Understanding first-generation students and their needs
- Discussing high impact practices that support first-generation students
- Sharing experiences, initiatives and best practices used in higher education that influence first-generation student success
- Assessing strategies and programs used to best serve and sustain the first-generation population