Receipts will need to be obtained for any transaction above $10!
Prior to Travel:
- Complete the SET Card Application Form and have it routed through the necessary approvals.
- Foreign Travel Authorization Form will need to be completed and sent in along with the SET Card Application Form for any international travel requests.
- First time SET cardholders will go through a mandatory training conducted by the Office of Procurement Services.
- The SET cardholder will be notified once the SET Card is ready to be picked up. The cardholder will need to bring their Missouri State University BearPass card when they come by to pick up the SET card.
- Notify the Office of Procurement Services by email of any pre-paid expenses to be made with international vendors. The request will need to be made at least 48 hours prior to the foreign transaction.
The following information will need to be provided:
- MSU Set Account Number
- Country vendor is located in
- Date of transaction
- Maintain receipts for any SET Card transactions. Receipts will need to be obtained for any transaction above $10.
- Provide receipts to the department coordinator on an ongoing basis to help them complete the SET Card allocations on an ongoing basis.
- SET cardholder will need to keep a track of their expenses to avoid hitting their credit card limit.
- The cardholder can log in at the link below to get real-time information on the card including current available balance, pending transactions and previous transactions for up to 3 months. If logging in to the system for the first time, kindly contact the Office of Procurement Services as additional information will be needed to get the account setup.
- Obtain itemized receipts for transactions above $10.
- If Alcohol is bought, it will need to be on a separate receipt.
Cardholders will need to make sure to not be charged sales tax on any SET Card transactions. Only sales tax for gas and for food purchases at restaurants is allowed. Any other sales tax charges will be added to the cardholder’s accounts receivable account.
- The SET Card will need to be returned to the Office of Procurement Services within 10 days of the last travel date.
- SET Card Travel Log will need to be completed.
- SET Card Cash Log will need to be completed for any cash withdrawals made on the SET Card.
- SET Card Meal Log will need to be completed for any meals paid for with cash or SET Card.
- The following documents will need to be provided to their respective SET Card Department Coordinator within 15 days after the travel is complete.
- SET Card Travel Log
- SET Card Cash Log (if applicable)
- SET Card Meal Log (if applicable)
- Itemized receipts for any transaction above $10
Foreign currency conversion does NOT have to completed and submitted as the charges will be listed in US Dollars through the bank.
Lost or Stolen SET Card:
- If the SET Card is lost or stolen, immediately notify UMB Security at 1-800-821-5184 (24 hours a day, 365 days a year).
- The cardholder will need to notify the Office of Procurement Services and their respective department right away.
- If the SET Card is lost or stolen before the cardholder has left on their travel, a new card can be re-issued to be picked up from the Office of Procurement Services.
- If SET Card is lost or stolen when cardholder is on their travel, arrangements can be made to have a new card sent directly to the cardholder.
- Any charges not approved by the fiscal and travel policy will be posted to the cardholder’s accounts receivable account.
- SET Card charges that do not have sufficient documentation will be posted to the cardholder’s accounts receivable account.
- Failure to return the SET Card to the Office of Procurement Services after travel is complete or failure to provide the required documentation may result in the loss of SET Card privileges.
- All SET Card transactions will need to adhere to the university’s Fiscal and Travel policy.