Watch for the next Showcase on Teaching & Learning Call for Proposal
The 35th Showcase on Teaching & Learning will be held on August 12, 2020. The FCTL Advisory Council is inviting faculty to submit presentation proposals that highlight teaching practices that would appeal to faculty across disciplines and all levels of experience.
Themes to consider include:
- Online teaching
- Universal design and accessibility
- High-Impact learning
- How to discuss issues of diversity in the classroom
- Student writing in the discipline
- Teaching with technology
- Assessing student learning and providing student feedback
- Strategies for improving classroom discussions
A 50 minute interactive session that includes some combination of presentation, discussion, or other form of interactivity. Participant feedback tells us that audience interaction is an essential component of faculty sessions and your proposal should reflect this component.
Proposals should include clearly state learning goals and outcomes (key takeaways) and provide a 100 word abstract for the session. This abstract will serve as the description of your presentation in the Showcase program. Submissions should also include a title for the session and the presenter names as they should appear in the program.
Proposals will be peer reviewed by the FCTL Advisory Council and evaluated on the following criteria:
- Clarity of the proposal abstract including key takeaways and audience interaction component
- Relevant topic that would appeal to faculty of all experience levels
- Presents practical methods and techniques that others can use and apply
- Provides evidence of successful outcomes or lessons learned
The deadline for submissions will be announced once the Call for Proposals is opened. Proposals should be submitted online using the following submission form below.
If you have questions or would like to discuss your ideas prior to submitting, please contact
Dr. Nancy Gordon or Kelly Bridges at email@example.com.