The 33rd Showcase on Teaching and Learning will be held August 15, 2018. The FCTL Advisory Council is inviting faculty to submit presentation proposals highlighting teaching practices that would appeal to faculty across disciplines and all levels of experience. Learn more about this year's 32nd Showcase on Teaching and Learning.
Themes to consider include:
- High impact learning practices
- Universal design and accessibility
- Culturally responsive teaching
- Incorporating diversity into the classroom
- Critical thinking and teaching through inquiry
- Designing or redesigning courses
- Facilitating difficult conversations in the classroom
- Student writing in the discipline
- Teaching with technology
- Assessing student learning
- Strategies for providing student feedback
A 50 minute interactive session that includes some combination of presentation, discussion, or other form of interactivity. Participant feedback tells us that audience interaction is an essential component of faculty sessions and your proposal should reflect this component.
Proposals should include a 150-250 word abstract that clearly states learning goals and outcomes (key takeaways) for the session. Submissions should include a cover page with title and presenter(s) information or bio. Proposals will be peer reviewed by the FCTL Advisory Council and evaluated on the following criteria:
- Clarity of the proposal abstract including key takeaways and audience interaction component
- Relevant topic that would appeal to faculty of all experience levels
- Presents practical methods and techniques that others can use and apply
- Provides evidence of successful outcomes or lessons learned
The deadline for submissions is Friday, March 23rd, 2018. Proposals should be submitted via email to email@example.com.
If you have questions or would like to discuss your ideas prior to submitting, please contact Dr. Eric Nelson, FCTL Advisory Council Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.