The 33rd Showcase on Teaching and Learning will be held August 15th2018. The FCTL Advisory Council is inviting faculty to submit presentation proposals that highlight teaching practices and would appeal to faculty across disciplines and all levels of experience.
Themes to consider include:
- Active learning strategies
- Universal design and accessibility
- Designing or redesigning courses
- How to discuss issues of diversity in the classroom
- Critical thinking and teaching through inquiry
- Student writing in the discipline
- Teaching with technology
- Assessing student learning
- Strategies for providing student feedback
A 60 minute interactive session that includes some combination of presentation, discussion, or other form of interactivity. Participant feedback tells us that audience interaction is an essential component of faculty sessions and your proposal should reflect this component.
Proposals should include a 150 word abstract that clearly states learning goals and outcomes (key takeaways) for the session. This abstract will serve as the description of your presentation in the Showcase program. Submissions should also include a session title and presenter(s). Proposals will be peer reviewed by the FCTL Advisory Council and evaluated on the following criteria:
- Learning goals and a brief statement of participant interaction are included
- Relevant topic that appeals to faculty of all experience levels
- Practical methods and techniques that participants can apply to their own teaching
- Evidence of student outcomes or lessons learned
The deadline for submissions is March 23rd. Proposals can be submitted using the online submission form.
If you experience difficulty submitting online, please call 6-3059 or email email@example.com.
Incomplete proposals or proposals received after March 23, 2018 will not be reviewed.
If you have questions or would like to discuss your ideas prior to submitting, please contact
Dr. Eric Nelson, FCTL Advisory Council Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.