Call for Nominations: - FCTL Teaching Awards
The FCTL Faculty Teaching Awards recognize the outstanding achievements of faculty. Because effective teaching can be accomplished through many different approaches, the FCTL Advisory Council wants to recognize faculty contributions in areas that are important to the mission and long-term goals at Missouri State University.
Submission Deadline: January 31, 2018
Late submissions will not be accepted.
Awards will be made in the following areas:
- Accessible learning provides all students with equitable access and opportunity for student success regardless of disabilities. This award recognizes faculty who have taken a proactive approach toward accessible teaching practices, course design, and ensuring all instructional materials are accessible.
- Students come to the university with many different experiences, different ways of seeing the world, and different expectations. This award recognizes faculty who focus on culturally responsive teaching and faculty who demonstrate a scholarly approach integrating diversity into the classroom.
- High Impact Learning
- High impact learning practices demand considerable time and effort, involve learning outside of the classroom, encourage collaboration and meaningful interactions with faculty and other students, and provide frequent and substantive feedback. This award recognizes faculty who have adopted teaching strategies that focus on the students’ ability to critically reflect on their own assumptions, beliefs, and basic worldviews.
Eligibility: Full-time faculty members with at least one year of teaching experience at MSU.
- Letter of interest from the faculty member that provides a philosophy of teaching encompassing one of the focus areas: accessibility, diversity, or high impact learning.
- Letter of support from their department head.
- Up to three supporting artifacts that provide evidence of their accomplishments in their chosen focus area.
- Faculty should choose supporting artifacts that characterize their teaching and are suitable to their particular discipline or learning context.
- Student evaluation feedback may be used in situations where students speak directly to teaching effectiveness.
- Innovative or meaningful assignments and assessments that provide evidence of student learning may be included or described. Please respect student privacy when providing evidence of such outcomes.
Submission Deadline: January 31st 2018.
Recipients will receive their FCTL Faculty Teaching Award at the All-Faculty Recognition Reception.
The FCTL Advisory Council will invite recipients of this award to preside over a panel discussion at the annual Showcase on Teaching and Learning.
Call for Nominations: FCTL Per-Course Faculty Award
The FCTL Per-Course Faculty Award recognizes the commitment and contributions of part-time faculty members in helping students at Missouri State achieve academic success. This may done by bringing experiences from their field of work into the classroom, through innovative teaching, mentoring or advising students, or other ways of helping students to be successful academically and professionally.
- Letters of Nomination from department head, program coordinator, or faculty member.
Nomination Deadline: January 31st 2018.
Per-Course Faculty Award recipients will be recognized at the All-Faculty Recognition Reception.
The FCTL Advisory Council will invite recipients of this award to preside over a per-course panel discussion at the annual Showcase on Teaching and Learning.