Primary functions of the Facilities Maintenance Department include:
- Monitor buildings and systems to ensure safe and efficient operation including lighting, HVAC, roofs, life safety, etc.
- Monitor and maintain the structural integrity of the Campus utility systems including steam, chilled water, domestic water, power, etc.
- Develop preventative maintenance strategies to ensure efficiency and reliability of equipment and systems.
- Provide assistance with campus construction projects.
- Assess the allocation of staff and assets on continually expanding campus.
- Operate and maintain a central steam system (Power House) under Utilities Maintenance.
- Oversee and support the Energy Management and Utilities Maintenance groups.