The Academic Programs and Deliveries Council serves as one of the four major councils of the SEM structure, reporting to the SEM Steering Committee and overseeing various subcommittees.
Academic Programs and Deliveries Council
Duties and charges
The overall work of the Academic Programs and Deliveries Council encapsulates the development of strategic goals regarding the development and alignment of academic programs and deliveries that meet the demands of current students. Accordingly, this committee is assigned the following charges:
- In coordination with the Steering Committee, develop strategic goals and action plans regarding the development and alignment of academic programs and deliveries that meet the demands of current students.
- Appoint subcommittees, as needed, and develop, review, and approve charges and action plans for these groups.
- Employ actions and modify processes that eliminate barriers that impair student success.
- Support the enhancement and development of academic programs that culminate in credentials (e.g., degrees, certificates) that are aligned with Missouri State’s mission, while being responsive to local, state and global workforce trends and needs.
- Develop, enhance and assess the effective use of relevant and current instructional technologies and pedagogies to help improve student learning, engagement and success.
- Benchmark current workforce demand data and assess student interest to inform future program decisions.
- Provide analysis and recommendations regarding the monitoring and management of course demand.
- Assess the use of various learning spaces and deliveries and how they affect student success.