CHPA Heads’ Meeting - November 3, 2015
Present: Victor Matthews, Pam Sailors, George Connor, Steve Berkwitz, Kathleen Kennedy, Ken Brown, David Rohall, Andrew Johnson, Scott Morris, Brett Garland
- Sabbatical Applications: Suzanne Walker-Pacheco (ANT); David Mitchell (ECO); David Romano (PLS); Tim Knapp (SOC) – each Head must provide data on how these faculty will be replaced
- Intersession Proposals (see attachment) – spring 2016: 8 approved; fall 2016: 6 approved (3 seated and 11 online)
- Microsoft Office 365 -- There will be transition next semester for all faculty into this new cloud-based platform for file storage and email.
- Drones – federal regulations are coming to deal with the growing drone presence - Do you have faculty who are currently using drones associated with the class work or field schools?
- Money for program needs (not faculty) – only a few items will be presented to Admin Council so I might suggest you talk among yourselves about items that would benefit several units or could even be shared with other colleges – due date to Frank is December 1.
- Course fee requests: it is unlikely that new program or course fees will be approved, but existing ones for either undergrad or grad courses/programs may be considered – deadline for submission is November 16.
- Faculty Awards – new policy is being crafted that would allow colleges to fund up to $2500/year to provide faculty awards out of Foundation accounts – Do we want to do this or not?
- Tom Downs’ visit November 19, 9:45-11 am in Carr 203 – discuss who is planning to meet with him.
- Open Enrollment for Benefits is from October 13 through November 20, 2015. Every employee must go through this so that you can confirm the benefits you want and deny the benefits you do not want! Access is in “MY MISSOURI STATE” Go to “Profile”, then “Employment Details” then “Online Benefits Enrollment.” All employees must participate in the HRA by November 30 in order to save up to $30 on your monthly health insurance premium. Access is in “MY MISSOURI STATE” Go to “Profile”, then “Wellness”, the “Health Risk Assessment.”
November 3 SOC/ANT presents Dr. Bill Meadows, who will speak on his new book on Native American
Sign Language at 7:00 pm in STRO 301.
November 5 Religious Studies presents Dr. Geraldo Marti (Davidson College), speaking on "Killing the
Saints to Save Jesus," at 7:00 pm in GLA 102.
November 9 Department Heads complete their assessments and submit recommendations on
Promotion and Tenure (with rationale) to applicants - Faculty applicants have three
business days to review, respond, sign and return to the Department (Nov. 9-11, 2015)
November 11 Department Heads submit Promotion dossiers to Dean
November 16 Religious Studies presents Dr. Randall Stephens (Northumbria-Newcastle) speaking on
"Early Rock & Rock and Pentecostalism," at 7:00 pm in LIB 101.
December 11 PSIP application deadline - PSIP Applications