CHPA Department Heads’ Meeting
November 29, 2012
Present: Victor Matthews, Pam Sailors, Steve Berkwitz, George Connor, Patti Salinas (for Craig Hemmens), Ardeshir Dalal, Kathleen Kennedy, Bill Wedenoja
Dates to Remember:
December 7 CHPA Holiday Luncheon – Atrium – 11:00 am to 1:00 pm
December 7 All Teaching Evaluation Forms Due in Dean’s Office
December 14 Fall Commencement & Computer Services Network Upgrade
Guest Presentation: Andrew Lokie and Marc Cooper discussed the e-journal and urged faculty to submit their research for the next issue.
Other agenda items:
- Holiday Decoration Policy was discussed and the point was made that Departmental offices are considered public space and therefore should not be decorated with religious symbols.
- SGA syllabus project: although not yet endorsed by the Provost, faculty are put on notice that they may be asked to contribute an electronic copy of their course syllabi to be put on-line.
- Spring enrollment update: there is still many seats available in GE classes that hopefully will be filled over the break at during the transfer SOAR just prior to the opening of spring classes.
- Administrator Evaluation timeline: a draft document was shared with the Heads for their input.
- Minimum Wage going up to $7.35.
- One-time funding requests: once the Provost distributes the criteria for these requests the departments should be ready to send them to the Dean for examination by the college budget committee.
- Hiring update: all searches are on track to bring in candidates during the early part of the spring 2013 semester