CHPA Heads’ Meeting Agenda
November 13, 2014
Present: Victor Matthews, Pam Sailors, Ken Brown, Steve Berkwitz, George Connor, Dan Kaufman, Kathleen Kennedy, David Rohall, Troy Wisdom
- Occupational Therapy Building named for the O’Reilly family
- Jordan McGee (ECO major) and Samantha Nichols (REL) have been named Citizen Scholars and will be recognized on Dec. 12th at the BOG meeting
- You can see information on fringe rates on the Financial Services site. The current rate is 34.6%.
- Requests for staff equity adjustments are due to the Provost on November 14th.
- CSA training: send Rachael M. Dockery the corrections to the list.
- Inclement weather policy: urge faculty to be flexible should it become dangerous to drive and students cannot make it to campus.
- Advising issues: check often to make sure all majors have an adviser assigned
- Graduate need-based scholarship
- PSIP applications: once again these need to be submitted to the Dean in electronic form. They will then be put up on the college share point site for review by the Personnel Committee.
- Registration process: now that we are moving into the Sophomores the Heads and faculty are asked to double check to see if their advisees have registered and/or been released to register.
- Promotion dossiers are due in the Dean’s office today.
- Research Active Faculty: while the college has had a workload policy since 2008 that includes criteria for research active faculty, the Heads discussed a draft policy statement that would clarify this designation and reassigned time for research. Heads are asked to send the Dean further feedback.
Dates and Deadlines:
November 13 Workshop on Critical Thinking: Presentation by Edward Baring, Assistant Professor of Modern European Intellectual and Cultural History, Drew University, on “A Secular Kierkegaard: Confessional Readings of Heidegger before 1945," in LIB 100 at 4:00 pm.
November 21 Deadline: Fall Intersession 2015 Study Away proposals
December 5 All Teaching Evaluations due to Dean’s Office
Dec 6-11 Fall 2014 Final Exam Period (Final Exam Schedule)
December 10 Deans submit Promotion recommendations (with rationale) to applicants. Applicants have 3 days to review, respond, sign and return to Dean (Dec. 10-12, 2014)
December 12 Fall 2014 Commencement
December 15 Fall 2014 Grades due by 10:00 am