Department Heads’ Meeting Minutes
November 1, 2007 – 11:00 a.m.
Present: Michael Sheng (HST), Brendan McKiernan (MIL), Pam Sailors (PHI/ECO), George Connor (PLS), Jack Llewellyn (REL), Pat Gartin (SOC/ANT/CRM), and Victor Matthews.
- Upcoming Deadlines/Important Dates
November 1 Workshop: Meeting Milestones Leading to Tenure & Promotion (2:00-3:00, PSU 300)
November 2 Fiscal Workshop (3:00-4:00, PSU 313)
November 5 Sabbatical and Educational Leave applications due to the Dean
November 7 Provost Research Forum – John Chuchiak (HST) and W. Scott
November 9 Program Review Workshop (1:00-2:00, PSU 313)
Nov. 26-30 Grants Workshop, ASSCU Grants Resource Center (PSU 313)
November 30 Deadline for submission of intersession proposals, Summer and Fall
- Dr. Matthews stated that faculty should familiarize themselves with the Records Disposition Schedule and also be mindful of the need to retain hard copies of documents dealing with state business, equipment purchases, policy statements, etc.The standard retention of grade books is 10 years and they remain the property of the university after faculty departure.
- Dr. Matthews urged the Department Heads to attend the Fiscal Workshop on November 2, and encouraged attendance by both SOC/ANT/CRM and HST at the Program Review Workshop on November 9.
- Dr. Matthews stated that the topic of Sexual Harassment Reporting was discussed at yesterday’s Academic Council, emphasis being that a more timely reporting of harassment should occur.Reports should first be made to the employee’s direct supervisor, then to both the Equal Opportunity Officer and the Provost.
- The website needed to nominate students for inclusion in University Recruiting Materials (due November 30th) is here
- Where applicable, Department Heads reported on the searches occurring in their departments.