CHPA Department Heads Meeting
Present: Victor Matthews, Pam Sailors, George Connor, Ardeshir Dalal, Craig Hemmens, Kathleen Kennedy, Jack Llewellyn, Troy Wisdom
- Final grading will close promptly at 10:00 a.m. on Monday, May 21, 2012. The end of term processing does not allow for extensions of time to submit grades.
- Please forward the link below to faculty in your departments, and encourage them to participate in this Academic Integrity policy survey:
- Academic Integrity Survey
- Diane Leamy, CRM, will receive an award for her work with service learning at the Citizenship and Service-Learning (CASL) Recognition and Awards Program on Tuesday, May 8, 2012, from 3:30 to 5:00 in the PSU Union Club.
- All Faculty Recognition Reception, PSU Ballroom, 3:30 pm, Monday, May 7th
- Starting in August 2012, the MSU campus will go entirely smoke free
- Budget Update: Matthews reported on discussion at the Executive Budget Committee and noted that until the state budget situation is clearer no decisions can be made on the university's budget situation. The committee will meet again in the fall to deal with happenings over the summer.
- Welcome Weekend Event: following a discussion of possible options the decision was made to create a "welcome station" in the Strong Hall atrium prior to the Convocation in August. No reception or food will be staged.
- Spring 2013 Course Schedule: Heads were asked to examine their enrollments in fall 2012 courses and report on any courses that are cancelled. The tentative schedule for spring 2013 classes is due to the Dean on Wednesday, May 9th.
- Foreign Travel Authorization: No forms will be forwarded to the Provost unless there is an attached memo detailing the funding for these trips.
- 3-Year Review of Promotion and Tenure Documents: According to the schedule developed by Kathy Coy, ECO and PLS will do a detailed revenue of the RTP documents. The schedule of deadlines was discussed giving the fall semester to complete this work before it is submitted to the Dean for review.
- Advertisement for Per Course Instructors: a one-time advertisement for per course instructors will be funded by the Outreach office. Any responses to this NewsLeader advertisement will be sent on to the relevant department heads.