CHPA Department Heads’ Meeting
May 1, 2014
Present: Victor Matthews, Pam Sailors, George Connor, Ardeshir Dalal, Dan Kaufman, Kathleen Kennedy, Steve Berkwitz, Patti Salinas, Bill Wedenoja, Troy Wisdom
- Annual Report – the Heads were given a template for producing their 2013 annual report. It is due to the Dean on June 2nd.
- Fall and Summer 2014 enrollment patterns – with the end of the pre-registration period college SCH stands at about 50% of first day enrollment in fall 2013. Several low enrollment courses (all upper division and graduate) were discussed and it was noted that if they have not improved by the beginning of SOAR they will have to be cancelled.
- Date for Heads’ retreat – with the Provost’s retreat planned for mid-July, it was decided to have the CHPA Heads’ retreat on Wednesday, August 6th at the Library Station.
- Good Faith Planner deadline is May 16
- CGEIP Replacement – Heads were asked to provide names of nominees by Friday. Andrew Johnson (PHI) was eventually nominated and approved by College Council.
- Program review – SOC/ANT writes self-study in 2014-2015 with the external reviewer visit planned for fall 2015.
Dates and Deadlines:
May 1 Deadline for Study Away Short-Term Faculty-Led proposals for Winter Intersession 2015
May 2 Deans complete report of annual progress toward tenure/promotion for probationary faculty & provide written record of their evaluation (confirmation of receipt by signature)
May 5 First Draft of spring 2015 class schedule due to the Dean
May 5 Film and Panel Discussion: “A Question of Habit” at 6:00 pm in LIB 101
May 9 All Teaching Evaluations due to Dean’s Office
May 16 Spring 2014 Commencement at 1:30