Department Heads’ Meeting Minutes
March 20, 2008 – 11:00 a.m.
Present: Michael Sheng (HST), Brendan McKiernan (MIL), George Connor (PLS), Jack Llewellyn (REL), Karl Kunkel (SOC/ANT/CRM), and Victor Matthews.Pam Sailors (PHI/ECO) and Dean Stone were absent.
Upcoming Deadlines/Important Dates
- March 31 Promotion and Tenure workshop (PSU 400, 3:00 p.m.)
- March 31 Faculty notified by Dean of final performance ratings
- April 1 Promotion and Tenure workshop (PSU 400, 3:00 p.m.)
- April 2 Provost Research Forum
- April 4 Open Forum with Provost on Compensation (PSU 400, 3:00-4:30 p.m.)
- April 4 Heads provide Dean with written compensation appeal/documentation
- April 9 Environmental Ethics Presentation (PSU Theater, 7:00 p.m.)
- April 12-15th Annual Graduate Interdisciplinary Forum (PSU, 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.)
- April 15-18 Public Affairs Conference
- April 17 Deadline for Dean to notify faculty members on performance appeal
- April 18 Updated faculty curricula vitae due to Dean’s office
- April 21 Deadline for faculty to submit performance ratings appeal to Provost
- April 28 AAA (PSU 400, 3:00 p.m.)
- Dr. Matthews repeated that all curricula vitae information should be sent to Nadja.Faculty will be able to add recent service after Dr. Matthews receives the compilations from Digital Measures.
- Senior Instructors information should be submitted to Dr. Chris Craig, Associate Provost, by May 5, 2008.
- Dr. Matthews stated that Dr. Pat Gartin (SOC/ANT/CRM) will forward information to Department Heads on Community Foundation of the Ozarks, Red Flag and Blue Ribbons initiative.
- Course renumbering and prerequisite revisions should be submitted by August 26, 2008, for the College Council meeting on September 9, 2008.
- Dr. Matthews distributed a handout outlining Public Affairs in the Major, to include Community Engagement, Cultural Competence, and Ethical Leadership.
- Discussion continued on the review of current practices and development of future initiatives which is due October 1, 2008.