CHPA Department Heads Meeting
March 15, 2012
Present: Victor Matthews, Pam Sailors, George Connor, Ardeshir Dalal, Craig Hemmens, Kathleen Kennedy, Jack Llewellyn, Bill Wedenoja
Dates to Remember:
March 15 Tenure & Promotion Revisions due from DSS, REL, and PHI
March 16 Equity Requests due to Dean’s office
March 29 CHPA Research Forum – Michelle Morgan – STRO 450, 11:45-12:45
March 30 Board of Governors Meeting
Apr 12-13 CHPA 2012 Student Research Forum
Guest: Austra Reinis (REL) spoke about the Public Affairs Conference and its speakers.
- Presidential Search – a follow up email was sent out the CHPA faculty soliciting nominations for faculty membership on the search committee and outlining the method for online voting using the Faculty Senate office as the clearing house for receipt of results. Voting for the top three choices will continue until March 26th.
- A decision to provide a paid day off for staff on May 25th has implications on summer intersession courses. The Heads were asked to work with their faculty to insure that adjustments are made to insure students receive their full quota of teaching time/experience.
- Enrollment enhancement funds from Provost and President in the amount of $300K will be made available soon. Application criteria will be sent out from the Provost’s office.
- Plus/Minus grading has become an issue for the SGA. Heads were asked to check with their faculty to see who is using it, but not college policy is anticipated.
- In order to make the Public Scorecard more meaningful, the Provost’s office is asking for recommendations on which items should be tracked.
- With the new Long Range Plan now in place, Heads and Deans are being asked to look at specific goals and to suggest the ones that are no longer as relevant and which need to be enhanced.
- Heads are asked to evaluate their departmental enrollment over the past five years as part of their annual report and to determine if specific upward or downward trends are evident.
- Equity adjustments are due March 16th. Decisions on requests will be made and communicated to faculty on April 2nd.