Department Heads’ Meeting Minutes
June 28, 2007 – 11:00 a.m.
Michael Sheng (HST), Jon Bryan (MIL), Pam Sailors (PHI/ECO), Kevin Pybas (PLS), Jack Llewellyn (REL), Karl Kunkel (SOC/ANT/CRM), Lorene Stone and Victor Matthews.
- Upcoming Deadlines/Important Dates
June 28 Lunch for Bob Beumer (PSU 309, noon).Dean Stone advised the group that she
will be donating a tree in Bob’s honor through the campus ReLeaf program.
June 29 Board of Governors meeting in Mountain Grove (the agenda is on the BOG
July 9-10 CHPA Department Heads’ Retreat, Branson, MO (the agenda will be out next
July 27 Winter Intersession Proposals (due to department heads).
- Strong Hall is required to have at least four Emergency Responders.With that number recently diminished due to faculty/staff departures, anyone interested in taking this training should be encouraged to do so.Names should be sent to the Dean.
- Department Heads were reminded that Per Course Plans for 2007-2008 are due to the Dean with PAFs.These plans should specify if the Per Course is a sabbatical replacement, etc.
- Department Workload and Overload Policies are due to the Dean by July 5.A possible college policy will be discussed at the CHPA Department Heads’ Retreat in July.
- Dean Stone announced that salary letters were distributed late Tuesday with an attached memo explaining the five monetary breakdowns.
Department Heads presented their Faculty Hiring Plans/Justifications for 2008-2009.