Department Heads’ Meeting Minutes
June 26, 2008 – 9:30 a.m.
In attendance: Tom Dicke (HST), Pam Sailors (PHI/ECO), George Connor (PLS), Mark Given (REL), Karl Kunkel (SOC/ANT/CRM), Victor Matthews and Lorene Stone.
- Upcoming Deadlines/Important Dates
July 23-24CHPA Department Heads’ Retreat
August 1Summer Commencement
- Dean Stone will be on vacation from June 26 – July 7.Dr.Matthews will handle any College emergencies.
- There will be no Department Heads’ meeting next week.
- Dean Stone announced that effective July 1, Donna Merrell will be the new Director of Development serving both CHPA and CHHS.
- Department Heads were encouraged to insure that their departmental websites are updated by late summer or early fall in order to accommodate the expected consultant and/or potential candidate scrutiny.
- Dean Stone asked the Department Heads for progress reports on integrating public affairs into the department curriculum (including general education) by August 1.
- Updates were given for various administrative positions across campus.
- Hiring updates were furnished by each department head; all are proceeding satisfactorily.
- Summer school enrollments were discussed.Dean Stone announced that even though university–wide summer enrollment was down (attributable in part to fewer sections of GEP 397 being offered), CHPA’s summer enrollment was up.
- More Continuing Education changes were discussed.It is likely that the $55 per student payment for on-line classes, as well as the $20 per student payment for 1 or 2 credit intersession courses will disappear in the future.Intersession breakeven points are also obsolete under the current funding source.Minimum enrollment guidelines will be established.
- Dean Stone distributed Salary Notification Letters from HR for each department.She also distributed a letter from her clarifying the calculations which should accompany each salary notification upon delivery.