CHPA Heads’ Meeting Minutes
January 15, 2015
Present: Victor Matthews, Pam Sailors, Steve Berkwitz, Ken Brown, George Connor, Andrew Johnson, Kathleen Kennedy, David Rohall, Troy Wisdom
- February 6th BOG meeting with consideration of fee resolution and 2016-2017 calendar.
- Admin assistant searches, no longer have to do an internal search first.
- Search for new Director of Public Safety underway.
- IDEA survey will be distributed on Tuesday, January 20 to all regular faculty.
- International Travel Awards - please encourage faculty to consider applying for these matching funds. They must already have an acceptance of their paper at the meeting.
- Spring 2015 enrollment – the college is up over 3% over spring 2014. Thanks to the Heads and their faculty for making this happen.
- Preparations for Annual Review – all tenured and tenure-track faculty must participate in an interview with their Head. Each Head will determine what materials should be submitted before the interview beyond updating the Digital Measures account and a written statement of research, teaching, and service goals for the coming year.
- Diversity Goal language for ADP – all of these documents must contain a diversity goal.
- HLC update – the draft of the report is nearly complete, but Heads should still expect to receive additional requests for information such as the recent one for syllabi from all classes.
- CHPA Annual Report Template – Heads are asked to look it over and send the Dean any suggestions for changes or additions.
- Upcoming recruiting events and materials were outlined by Pam Sailors
- The role of the Behavioral Intervention Team was described by Pam Sailors
- Building Project Proposal – while it is unlikely that a new building will be funded in the near future it is important for upper administration to know about the college’s present and future needs.
- PAIE now required for students beginning a major starting in fall 2014.
Dates and Deadlines:
January 19 Martin Luther King Holiday - MLK March, Mon, Jan 19, 9:30 am, at Mediacom Ice Park to Gillioz Theater for presentations. Followed by Multicultural Festival at HHPA, 12-4.
January 20 Winter 2015 Intersession Grades due by 10:00 am
January 31 ADPs due to Human Resources (copy to the Dean)
February 5 John Zumbrunnen, University of Wisconsin-Madison, “Ben Franklin on Self-Education & Self-Government” at 4:00 in Library 101
February 5 Craig Keener, Asbury Theological Seminary, “New Testament Miracles: Are They Historically Plausible?” – at 7:30 pm in CAR 208.
February 9 Faculty submit Annual Evaluation dossiers to Dept Heads (Digital Measures accounts must be updated by this date)
February 9 Dept Heads give Probationary Faculty evaluation dossiers to Dept committee
February 10 Census Date: turn in PAFs for faculty teaching on-line classes
February 19 CHPA Research Forum: Bukola Oyeniyi (HST), “Boko Haram: Taming the Monster,” in STRO 301 at 12:30-1:45