CHPA Department Heads Meeting
February 9, 2012
Present: Victor Matthews, Pam Sailors, George Connor, Ardeshir Dalal, Craig Hemmens, Kathleen Kennedy, Jack Llewellyn, Bill Wedenoja, Troy Wisdom
Dates to Remember:
February 10 – Faculty portfolios due to Department Heads for annual review
February 13 -- AAA, Monday, Feb 13 – featuring presentations by FCTL and Ken Coopwood in LIBR 101
February 15 -- Dr. Angela Hornsby-Gutting (HST) will speak on "Nannie Helen Burroughs and the Fight for Racial Justice." Burroughs (1879-1961) was a prominent educator, an important civil rights and women's rights activist, and a noted figure in the National Baptist Convention. Her presentation will be in GLA 102 at 7:00 pm.
February 16 --Julie Byrne will speak on the Immaculata College Mighty Macs, the subjects of a 2011 feature film. The lecture will take place at 7:30 p.m. in the Meyer Library Auditorium. Former Missouri State Lady Bears Coach Cheryl Burnett (who once played against the Macs) will respond to the talk.
February 17 – Board of Governors Meeting
- Tenure and Promotion document revision process – updated versions of REL, PHI, and DSS due to Dean by March 15 – use the template developed by Julie Masterson
- Administrative Hiring Policy: changes are in the works that will set a standard term (5 years) for Heads and will also develop a standardized retreat policy
- Sustainability Minor – courses are being identified – Lora Vess (SOC) is the contact person
- Blackboard problems – contact Kevin Piercy
- Update on assessment process for majors – Heads are asked to work with their faculty to complete the assessment process with an explanation of what will be down with collected data and how that will impact departmental policy and curriculum
- SCUF proposals have been submitted for the usual items: data jacks, student lab computers, and the student worker to assist Jay Jenkins