CHPA Department Heads’ Meeting
February 19, 2016
Present: Victor Matthews, Pam Sailors, Steve Berkwitz, Ken Brown, George Connor, Andrew Johnson, Kathleen Kennedy, David Rohall
Items for Discussion:
1. Campus Compact $500 grants – Heads were asked to remind faculty about this internal grant opportunity for course development (Missouri Campus Compact)
2. Legislation has just been filed to remove statuary restraints on MSU graduate programs.
3. Handguns on campus legislation – continues to work its way through committee.
4. CHPA 2015 productivity – based on reporting in Digital Measures, CHPA faculty are within the normal range in terms of publications and presentations.
5. Questions to ask HR Director candidates – Heads were asked to supply questions or concerns.
6. Smithsonian Exhibit and Programming begins in March and runs through mid-April (The 70s Experience: Always Being Now)
7. Future Planning Priorities for new programs were discussed, but at this point the only new programs coming on board for next year are the BS in History and the certificate/minor in Fire Safety.
8. Teaching Evaluation Open Forums: Monday, 2/22, from 3:30 to 4:30, and on Tuesday, 2/23, from 3:30 to 4:30, in each case in Strong 204 for faculty to express their views on the committee report.
Important Dates and Deadlines:
March 1 Deadline for departments to build their basic schedule of course offerings for summer
and fall 2016
March 7-13 Spring Break
March 11 Provost notifies Applicants of Promotion Decisions
March 11 Deadline for Faculty to submit Equity Adjustment to Department Heads
March 11 Probationary Faculty – Departmental Personnel Committees submit report of annual review of
progress toward tenure and promotion to Department Heads. Faculty members are given a written
record of the departmental evaluation (confirmation of receipt by signature)
March 15 Deadline for submission of International Travel Fund requests:
International Travel Fund requests
March 16 Mid-term spring 2015 Grades must be submitted by 2:00 pm
March 23 CHPA Research Forum: Elizabeth Foreman (PHI) will speak on "Forgiving and Forgetting" at noon
in STRO 201.
March 24-27 Spring Holiday
March 28 Department Heads submit Equity Adjustment Requests to Deans with Rationale