CHPA Heads Meeting – Minutes
February 12, 2009
Those present: Victor Matthews, Ardeshir Dalal, Tom Dicke, Pam Sailors, George Connor, Jack Llewellyn, and Karl Kunkel.
Dates to Remember:
- February 16 – Dean notifies Provost on non-renewal of 1st year faculty
- February 19 – MSU On-Line Open House, Meyer Alumni Center 400, 11:30—3:30
- February 19 – Student Panel: The Election of Barack Obama: What Does It Mean? – GLA 108, 8:00-9:30 pm
- February 23 -- AAA, 3:00 PM, PSU 400
- February 24 – Maurice Tate presentation, “Diversity in the Work Place” – 3:30 pm, STRO 004
- February 26 -- 7 Ways to Effectively Engage Faculty in the Recruitment Process, 12:00-2:00, PSU East Ballroom
- February 27 – Yearly performance reviews of faculty due to Dean
- March 2 – Department Annual Reports due to Dean
- March 2 – Women’s History Month Speaker: Susan Hartman, “Women and Politics,” 7:00 pm in LIB 101
- March 9 – Midterm Grades Due
- March 11 -- Provost Research Forum, Wesley Scroggins, Martha Finch, 12:00-1:00, PSU 313
- March 16 – Public Affairs Professorship Nominations due to Rachelle Darabi
- March 16 – Deans send Department Annual Reports to Provost Office
- March 16 – AAA, 3:00 pm, PSU 400
- March 30 – Tenure and Promotion Personnel Action Forms due to Provost
Noting that the Departmental Annual Reports are due to the Acting Dean on March 2, each of the Heads discussed progress in developing their reports and offered suggestions on what worked for them.
Reports on the compensation process are coming in from Departmental committees. Heads are working with their committees to resolve any questions or concerns. In addition, the Heads are asking faculty to meet with them for their Annual Review and to set weights for 2009.
The Provost will be meeting with each of the Deans to discuss recruitment efforts and enrollment management plans for Graduate programs. Each of the Heads was asked to provide the Acting Dean with information on their programs and a prospectus of the number of new graduate students for fall 2009. They were also reminded about the Strong Family Graduate scholarship and its deadline for submission of April 13th.
A general discussion was held on the development of new internet courses in the College for next year.
The Heads were asked to remind faculty to log on to Digital Measures and update their files to include all 2008 publications, presentations, and service
Nominations and applications for the Public Affairs Professorship should be submitted to Rachelle L. Darabi, Associate Provost for Student Development and Public Affairs, University Hall, Room 115, by March 15. Heads were asked to supply the names of faculty willing to serve on the selection committee.
The deadline for nominations for Leadership Springfield is March 16. Faculty interested in participating in this program should contact their Head.
The search process was updated. All searches are on track at this point.