Department Heads’ Meeting Minutes
December 14, 2006 – 3:30 p.m.
Michael Sheng (HST), Rich Moore (MIL), Pam Sailors (PHI/ECO), Beat Kernan (PLS), Jim Moyer (REL), Karl Kunkel (SOC/ANT/CRM), and Victor Matthews.
- Upcoming Deadlines/Important Dates
December 15 Board of Governors Meeting (PSU 313, 9:00 a.m.)
December 15 CHPA Reception for Graduates (STRO Atrium, 1:30 p.m.)
December 15 Commencement for CHPA Graduates (Hammons Student Center, 4:00 p.m.)
December 18 FINAL GRADES DUE at 10:00 a.m.
January 10-17th Showcase on Teaching and Learning (STRO, 8:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.)
January 10 Faculty Activity Survey due
January 23 CHPA All College Meeting on the budget (STRO 002, 3:30-5:00 p.m.)Please note date
change from January 18th.
January 25 LEAD: Budgeting, Kent Kay and President Nietzel (PSU 313, 3:00-4:30 p.m.)
- Dr. Stone will be out-of-town from December 14 through January 1; Dr. Matthews will handle any College emergencies.
- Dr. Matthews stated that he would need names on Friday, December 15, for the CHPA “team” for ADC Teaching Evaluation Workshops (PSU 400, 3:00-4:30 p.m.) on 1/29, 2/5, 2/12, 3/5, and 3/12.
- Construction in STRO 004 has begun and should be ready for the spring semester.
- Graduate enrollment incentives have been funded (CRM receiving one) with another round to be funded in the spring.
- Only 18 sabbatical requests from the entire university have been received, none from CHPA.Dr. Matthews emphasized encouragement for full year requests in the future.
- Free copies of The New York Times will be available at 3 locations, including Strong Hall, beginning on January 16th for interested faculty.
- Dr. Matthews discussed the Provost’s interest in creating “meaningful partnerships” with OTC and providing greater access for students and employers, including on-line programs.
- A possible budget for the next fiscal year was discussed, which depends on the level of support provided by the state.