CHPA Department Heads’ Meeting
September 22, 2016
Present: Victor Matthews, Steve Berkwitz, George Connor, Brett Garland, Andy Johnson, Kathleen Kennedy, David Rohall
- Coordination with the Bear CLAW (Diana Garland provided an overview of the Bear CLAW)
- New teaching evaluation tool – final review before it is sent to be processed for use in spring 2017
- Sick Leave policy for faculty -- At present, the policy is found in the Staff Handbook (https://www.missouristate.edu/human/staffhandbook/Chapter7.htm) and presumably will be added in some form to the Faculty Handbook. It is a new benefit granted to faculty.
- Enrollment patterns –census data for our fall 2016 courses was discussed, focusing on our GE census enrollment data and plans for the fall 2017 course schedule.
- New annual evaluation forms were discussed: (http://www.missouristate.edu/provost/tpappointments.htm)
- Dean out of town in Knoxville, TN – September 26-28
Dates and Deadlines:
Sept 28 Majors Fair - PSU Ballroom
Sept 30 Faculty submit Tenure and/or Promotion dossier to Department Heads and
External Reviews due to Department Heads for inclusion in the dossier
Sept 30 Deadline for faculty to submit Study Away proposals for programs departing in
March, May, June, July, and August 2017
Oct 1 Deadline for Faculty to submit proposal for 2016 Fall Faculty Research Grants
Oct 3 Department Heads submit Promotion dossiers to Department Committee
Oct 6 Political Science Department presents Barbara Hines, retired clinical professor of
law and co-Director of the Immigration Clinic at the University of Texas at Austin
speaking on "US Immigration Policy & the Crisis Central America," 6:30; Karls 101.
Oct 7 Deadline for the fall round of funding for Study Away Exploratory Travel
Oct 7 Deadline for FCTL Faculty Stipends for Integrating Diversity into Teaching and