MINUTES OF THE BOARD OF GOVERNORS’
PROGRAMS AND PLANNING COMMITTEE
MISSOURI STATE UNIVERSITY – WEST PLAINS CAMPUS
FRIDAY, JUNE 23, 2017, 8:30 A.M.
MELTON HALL, ROOM 211
Present- Mr. Kendall Seal, Committee Chair
Mr. Tyree Davis IV, Committee Member
Mr. Craig Frazier, Committee Member
Ms. Virginia Fry, Committee Member
Mr. Gabriel Gore, Committee Member
Ms. Beverly Miller, Committee Member
Ms. Carol Silvey, Committee Member
Mr. Gregory Spears, Committee Member
Ms. Carrie Tergin, Committee Member
Absent- Mr. Stephen Hoven, Committee Member
Also Present- Mr. Clif Smart, President, Missouri State University
Dr. Jim Baker, Vice President for Research and Economic Development and
Ms. Sheila Barton, Project Manager, West Plains
Dr. Drew Bennett, Chancellor, Missouri State University, West Plains
Ms. Donna Christian, Director, Internal Audit and Compliance
Mr. CJ Collins, Coordinator of Information Systems Support, West Plains
Mr. Ryan DeBoef, Chief of Staff and Assistant to the President for Governmental
Ms. Rachael Dockery, General Counsel
Mr. Brent Dunn, Vice President for University Advancement
Dr. Frank Einhellig, Provost
Ms. Tammy Few, Director of Human Resources
Mr. Steve Foucart, Chief Financial Officer
Dr. Gloria Galanes, Dean, College of Arts and Letters
Dr. David Hough, Dean, College of Education
Dr. Tammy Jahnke, Dean, College of Natural and Applied Sciences
Dr. Dennis Lancaster, Dean of Academic Affairs
Mr. Matt Morris, Vice President for Administrative Services
Mr. Jeff Morrissey, Chief Information Officer
Ms. Andrea Mostyn, Director of University Communications
Dr. Joye Norris, Associate Provost for Access and Outreach
Dr. Michael Orf, Assistant Dean of Academic Affairs, West Plains
Mr. Wes Pratt, Chief Diversity Officer and Assistant to the President
Dr. Helen Reid, Dean, College of Health and Human Services
Mr. Scott Schneider, Director, Business and Support Services, West Plains
Ms. Jennifer Severson, Director of Accounting and Budgeting
Dr. Dee Siscoe, Vice President for Student Affairs
Ms. Rowena Stone, Executive Assistant to the President
Dr. Shawn Wahl, Department Head, Communications, College of Arts and Letters
Ms. Emily Yeap, Public Relations Specialist
Ms. Kristan Gochenauer, Secretary to the Board of Governors
1. Roll Call – Mr. Kendall Seal, Committee Chair, called the Programs and Planning Committee meeting to order at 8:31 a.m. on Friday, June 23, 2017, on the Missouri State University – West Plains campus.
2. Approval of Minutes – Mr. Seal mentioned that the first item of business was the approval of the minutes from the May 18, 2017 meeting. Mr. Gabriel Gore so moved, receiving a second from Ms. Virginia Fry.
Motion passed unanimously.
3. Dashboard – Key Performance Indicators – Dr. Frank Einhellig, Provost, reviewed a dashboard of key performance indicators based on suggestions from the May 18, 2017 meeting with a focus on 12 metrics. The metrics reviewed were student success focused with enrollment data, costs/expense data and diversity data for students as well as faculty and staff.
4. Greater Ozarks Center for Advanced Technology (GOCAT) – Dr. Drew Bennett, Chancellor, welcomed all attendees to the West Plains campus. He then introduced Mr. Josh Cotter, City Councilman; Mr. Tom Stehn, City Administrator; and Mr. Jim Laughery, South Central Career Center Director; individuals involved with the GOCAT partnership. Dr. Dennis Lancaster, Dean of Academic Affairs, then gave a presentation on GOCAT, highlighting the importance of the collaboration with the South Central Career Center and the City of West Plains.
5. Adjournment – Mr. Seal adjourned the Programs and Planning Committee meeting at 9:49 a.m. on the motion of Mr. Gore, the second of Ms. Carrie Tergin, and the unanimous approval of the committee.
Secretary to the Board