MINUTES OF THE BOARD OF GOVERNORS
MISSOURI STATE UNIVERSITY
DECEMBER 11, 2014
1. Roll Call
Present- Mr. Stephen Bough, Governor
Mr. Joe Carmichael, Governor
Mr. Caleb Doyle, Student Governor
Ms. Virginia Fry, Governor
Dr. Peter Hofherr, Governor
Mr. Stephen B. Hoven, Vice Chair of the Board
Ms. Beverly Miller, Chair of the Board
Mr. Kendall Seal, Governor
Ms. Carrie Tergin, Governor
Absent - Mr. Orvin Kimbrough, Governor
Present- Clif Smart, President
Frank Einhellig, Provost
Ken McClure, Vice President for Administrative and Information Services
Jim Baker, Vice President for Research, Economic Development, and International Programs
Stephen Foucart, Chief Financial Officer
Donna Christian, Director of Internal Audit and Compliance
Rachael Dockery, General Counsel
John McAlear, Secretary of the Board
2. Presiding --- The presiding officer for the meeting was Ms. Beverly Miller, Chair of the Board of Governors. She called the meeting to order at 4:35 p.m. in Room 308 in the Plaster Student Union on the campus of Missouri State University in Springfield, Missouri.
3. Closed Meeting --- It was determined that the Board of Governors needed to meet in a closed session to consider items of business provided in the Revised Statutes of Missouri. Ms. Miller asked if a resolution authorizing a closed meeting of the Board was prepared. Thereupon, the following resolution was presented for consideration:
BE IT RESOLVED by the Board of Governors for Missouri State University that a closed meeting, with closed records and closed vote, be held immediately following this December 11, 2014, special meeting of the Board of Governors to consider items of business pursuant to:
- R.S.Mo. 610.021 (1). “…any confidential or privileged communications between a public governmental body or its representatives and its attorneys…”
- R.S.Mo. 610.021 (3). “Hiring, firing, disciplining or promoting of particular employees of a public governmental body…”
- R.S.Mo. 610.021 (13). “Individually identifiable personnel records, performance ratings or records pertaining to employees or applicants for employment…”
- R.S.Mo. 610.021 (17). “Confidential or privileged communications between a public governmental body and its auditor,….”
Ms. Tergin moved the approval of the resolution and Mr. Carmichael seconded the motion.
A roll call vote on the motion was as follows: those voting in favor – Governors Bough, Carmichael, Fry, Hofherr, Hoven, Miller, Seal, and Tergin; those voting against the motion – none; those absent – Governor Kimbrough.
Ms. Miller declared the resolution passed unanimously.
4. Adjournment--- Ms. Miller adjourned the meeting at 4:40 p.m., upon the motion of Dr. Hofherr, the second of Mr. Hoven, and the unanimous vote of the Board.
John W. McAlear