MINUTES OF THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
OF THE BOARD OF GOVERNORS
MISSOURI STATE UNIVERSITY
AUGUST 16, 2017
1. Roll Call:
Present - Ms. Virginia Fry, Chair of the Board
Ms. Beverly Miller, Governor (by conference call)
Ms. Carrie Tergin, Vice Chair of the Board (by conference call)
Absent - Mr. Gregory Spears, Governor
Also Present - Mr. Clifton M. Smart III, President
Dr. Jim Baker, Vice President for Research and Economic Development & International Programs
Dr. Drew Bennett, Chancellor of the West Plains Campus (by conference call)
Mr. Keith Boaz, Senior Associate Athletic Director, Athletics & Entertainment
Ms. Donna Christian, Director of Internal Audit and Compliance
Dr. Julie Combs, Department Head, College of Arts and Letters
Mr. Ryan DeBoef, Chief of Staff and Assistant to the President for Governmental Relations
Ms. Rachael Dockery, General Counsel
Mr. Steve Foucart, Chief Financial Officer
Dr. Cameron LaBarr, Director of Choral Studies
Mr. Robert Moore, Associate Director, Financial Aid
Mr. Matt Morris, Vice President for Administrative Services
Mr. Jeff Morrissey, Chief Information Officer
Ms. Hillary Roberts, Senior Instructor, Biomedical Sciences
Ms. Suzanne Shaw, Vice President for Marketing and Communications
Dr. Dee Siscoe, Vice President for Student Affairs
Ms. Lauren Webster, Associate Director for Planning, Design & Construction
Mr. Mike Wills, Director for Procurement
Mr. Ryan Wilson, Past Chair, Staff Senate
Ms. Kristan Gochenauer, Secretary of the Board
2. Presiding – Ms. Virginia Fry, Chair of the Board of Governors, called the Executive Committee conference-call meeting to order at 4:00 p.m. in Room 203 of Carrington Hall on the campus of Missouri State University in Springfield, Missouri.
3. Approval of Minutes – Ms. Fry mentioned that the first item of business was the approval of the minutes for the open meeting of July 19, 2017. Ms. Carrie Tergin so moved, receiving the second of Ms. Beverly Miller.
Motion passed 3-0.
4. Procurement and Financial – Mr. Steve Foucart, Chief Financial Officer, presented a resolution summarizing Procurement Services’ Office activities from July 14, 2017 through August 11, 2017 (Purchasing Activity Report No. 457-17). The six items included in the resolution were:
- Approval requested for an apartment lease for dietetic internships. Rental units are located at 733 Cardinal Drive, Webb City, Missouri. Leases are for a twelve month period, August 24, 2017 through April 2, 2018, at a total cost of $5,310.
- Approval recommended to continue utilization of The Interlocal Purchasing System (TIPS) cooperative contract, Contract 3072210, with En Pointe Technology to administer the Microsoft Campus Agreement. This would be a one-year extension for September 1, 2017 through August 31, 2018 at a total cost of $134,739.96.
- Approval recommended to purchase Chalk & Wire’s CW Pro, a portfolio-enabled education assessment platform for the West Plains campus. The estimated cost of $144,000 will be paid through student fees.
- Approval requested for housing lease services with Bryan Properties for the University’s International Leadership and Training Center (ILTC). For fall 2017 and spring 2018, estimated cost is $165,375.
- Approval recommended for extension of Contract C6700-1 with Kyer Product Visions Incorporated for governmental consulting services for Jordan Valley Innovation Center (JVIC) Development. Contract extension is for one year, October 1, 2017 through September 30, 2018, with two possible one-year renewal periods at a total estimated cost of $195,000 for all three years.
- Approval requested to issue a purchase order to Perform International for travel arrangements and related services for the University Chorale May 19, 2018 through June 6, 2018. Funding to be from participating students with additional funds requested from the College of Arts and Letters for an estimated total of $197,225. A motion was made and seconded, respectively, by Ms. Miller and Ms. Tergin.
Motion passed 3-0.
5. Facilities and Equipment – Mr. Matt Morris, Vice President for Administrative Services, presented a resolution for the approval to grant a license agreement with Hillyard, Inc. to install restroom toilet paper dispensers at the John Q. Hammons Arena, John Q. Hammons Student Center, Robert W. Plaster Stadium, Juanita K. Hammons Hall for the Performing Arts, Betty and Bobby Allison North Stadium, and Betty and Bobby Allison South Stadium Agreement No. 395-17). Hillyard, Inc. may contract with an independent third party to install the dispensers at their expense. Work will be completed by September 2017. A motion was made by Ms. Tergin and seconded by Ms. Miller.
Motion passed 3-0.
6. Adjournment – Ms. Fry adjourned the conference-call meeting at 4:18 p.m. on the motion of Ms. Miller, the second of Ms. Tergin, and the unanimous vote of the committee.
Kristan E. Gochenauer
Secretary of the Board