Natalie B. Allen
Missouri State University
901 S. National Ave.
Springfield, MO 65897
- MS, 1998, in Education from University of Missouri
- 1996, Dietetic Internship at Barnes-Jewish Hospital
- BS, 1995, in Dietetics from Missouri State
- Sports Nutrition
- Medical Nutrition Therapy Lab
Research and professional interests
- Shares responsibilities between the BMS and Athletic Departments at Missouri State. Instructs senior-level classes in the dietetics program and is the team dietitian for all Missouri State athletes.
- Background in sports nutrition, having worked with athletes of all abilities, from high school football teams to professionals
- Experience in clinical and community dietetics:
- Worked as a curriculum writer and educator for St. Louis schools
- The face and voice of dietetics in the media and was a clinical dietitian at Barnes-Jewish Hospital, the teaching hospital affiliated with Washington University School of Medicine
- Wrote the curriculum for “Fun”tastic Nutrition and SNEAKERS published throughout elementary, middle and high schools in Missouri to teach nutrition to children.
- Held numerous speaking engagements at numerous national conferences; she enjoys public speaking and making nutrition practical and applicable.
- A Springfield native, who is proud to be an alumna of the university, attends Bears games, run 5Ks with her family and experiment in the kitchen.
Awards and honors
- Recognized Young Dietitian of The Year for St. Louis Dietetic Association
- Emerging Dietetic Leader for St. Louis Dietetic Association