Natalie B. Allen
Registered dietitian Natalie Allen shares responsibilities between the biomedical studies and athletic departments at Missouri State University. She instructs senior-level classes in the dietetics program and is the team dietitian for all Missouri State athletes.
She has a background in sports nutrition—having worked with athletes of all abilities, from high school football teams to professionals—and experience in clinical and community dietetics. Allen worked as a curriculum writer and educator for St. Louis schools, became the face and voice of dietetics in the media and was a clinical dietitian at Barnes-Jewish Hospital, the teaching hospital affiliated with Washington University School of Medicine. She wrote the curriculum for “Fun”tastic Nutrition and SNEAKERS published throughout elementary, middle and high schools in Missouri to teach nutrition to children.
Allen has held speaking engagements at numerous national conferences; she enjoys public speaking and making nutrition practical and applicable. A Springfield native and proud alumna of the university, Allen attends Bears games, run 5Ks with her family and experiments in the kitchen.
- MS in Education, 1998, University of Missouri
- Dietetic Internship, 1996, Barnes-Jewish Hospital
- BS in Dietetics, 1995, Missouri State University
- DTN 333 Nutrition Throughout the Life Span
- DTN 334 Introduction to Nutrition Assessment and Sports Nutrition
- DTN 430 Sports Nutrition
- DTN 536 Medical Nutrition Therapy I
- DTN 546 Medical Nutrition Therapy II
Research and professional interests
- Sports nutrition: Female Athlete Triad
- Collaborate on research evaluating interprofessional education teaching opportunities.
Awards and honors
- Young Dietitian of The Year for St. Louis Dietetic Association
- Emerging Dietetic Leader for St. Louis Dietetic Association
Area of expertiseNutrition and dietetics Health and wellness
Why Am I Always Hungry?
RD Natalie Allen shares a reason why.
Why Am I Always Thirsty?
RD Natalie Allen offers a few reasons why.
12 Reasons Why You're Suddenly So Bloated
RD Natalie Allen explains some reasons why.
9 Easy Ways to Cut Calories and Lose Weight
RD Natalie Allen offers a tip to cut calories.
Here’s Everything You Need to Know About Pre- and Post-Workout Supplements
BRIT & CO
RD Natalie Allen sheds light on pre- and post-workout supplements.
9 Reasons Citrus Is Crucial For Your Child’s Health
RD Natalie Allen highlights some benefits.
Is the Mayo Clinic Diet Effective for Weight Loss and Other Health Improvements?
RD Natalie Allen weighs in on the Mayo Clinic Diet.